I am sure many of “new mummies” have questions about having specific type of diet. I had myself. At the beginning I did not follow anything and ate everything. However, that has changed mainly for my little Canito.
Nowadays, in times of internet and uncle Google, you can find lot of information, articles what is good for babies, mums, different types of diet… but what is the right answer if to have a diet or not? I cannot say that “yes” is the right answer or “no” it is not. I have chosen to follow some recommendations based on research about proteins and dairies in mother´s milk and how it can affect your baby. It was proven by many studies and years of experience that there is clear relationship between baby´s colic and food habits of you, as a mum.
Therefore, I want to share with you a list of diaries and other food, which can cause uncomfortable days to your little one. As a sceptic person, I can vouch – it works!
Behold the dietary list:
- Diaries (milk, cheese, yogurt, butter, cream, creamy ice cream)
- Citric (orange, grapefruit, tangerine, lime, lemon)
- Egg and mayo (prepared dressings)
- Chocolate, berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries), grapes
- Cucumber, water melon, pineapple, kiwi (due to their seeds)
- Melon, avocado, peppers
- Chorizo, bacon, tuna, tin sardines, junk food (pizza, fast foods, etc.)
- Nuts, almonds, pistachios, coconut, peanuts
- Beans, lentils, chick peas, soy, broccoli, cauliflower, coll, corn (includes popping corn – loooong night for us 🙂 )
- Pepper, chilli, mustard, garlic, onion – all of it in big quantities
At the end of the day, it is up to each of you to decide if this is the best for you and your little one or not. But… this is just food for thought. If you have any questions, please let me know. I will be looking to share more and more dishes every day for mummies and not mummies out there.
With love and lot of “comfortable” days,
Vero and Canito