Posted at 8:37 pm
I have shared already few words, bits and pieces, about Czech spirit. Browsing and reading posts, I have came across this one – about Mexican spirits! It is really nice and interesting article and … so true 🙂 To show that Mexican families are those spirits lovers, let me introduce you our bottle collection of those spirits 🙂 When we finish a bottle and we like the design, we tend to keep it and refill it with tea.
Some of them are my favourite ones as well… Not only my husbands´ 🙂
Enjoy the post about Mexican spirits!
Vero with two Mexican Canitos ❤
By Rocio Carvajal Food history writer, cook and author With a certain degree of confidence, I can say that two of the most popular and internationally recognised Mexican drinks are tequila and mezcal, their role in the cultural construct about Mexican gastronomy has been key to the idea that fiery Mexican food must always be…
via Tequila & Mezcal – Mexico’s Beloved Spirits — Mexican Food Journal
Posted at 5:09 pm
The weather here is changing every single day here and winter is really coming. I got unfortunately sick again and prepared big pot of chilli con carne in a way, how do we prepare it at home. You can find so many versions around the world and nice history can be found here, if you are interested in.
What do you need:
700 g beef
75 g bacon
4 garlic cloves
3 tbsp chilli powder
1 tsp ground cumin
3 bay leaves
2 tsp oregano
2 tbsp tomato pureé
300 ml red wine
1 cup beans (I prefer black beans however this time I used kidney beans)
1 vegetable / beef stock
2 tbsp plain flour
1 cup rice
Take a big pot, add bit of oil and cut bacon. Stir chopped onions and crushed garlic when bacon is crispy and fry approximately 10 minutes. Afterwards, add chopped beef and cook until brownish. When turned into brownish, add chilli powder and cumin. Follow with bay leaves, oregano, tomato pureé, red wine and vegetable stock and fill to the top with water. If you have slow cooker cook over night so the meat with become nicely tender. However, you do not need to and you can cook until soft the same day. To finalize, add flour mixed in cold water and cook approximately 30 minutes or until it gets thicker. While cooking, take other pot and prepare rice.
When everything prepared, you can serve with avocado, tomatoes aside and sprinkled with chopped parsley and fresh lime juice or even with soured cream 🙂
Vero and little Canito
Posted at 11:27 am
it has been already some time when I have received the Versatile Blogger Award from Mistimaan. Thank you very much, Mistimaan, I do appreciate it and I am very honoured. Please, have a look and enjoy his blog!
The rules of this nomination are as follows:
- Write seven facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers for this award
Seven facts about me…
- If possible, I would love to have 3 or 4 kids.
- And I would love to adopt a child and offer him or her a loving family!
- I am pretty ambitious and do not have word “impossible” in my dictionary 🙂
- I love history – love to watch documentaries and read books about facts. I am mainly interested in the second world war.
- Recently, I have fallen in love with Mario karts 😀 My husband have bought Nintendo Switch and it is fun! I have never played any “computer” games before (not even when I was kid) so this is something new for me 😀
- I love all kind of sports (however athletics is my favourite and I did it for many years) and now we are starting with little tornado – we regularly do swimming 🙂
- I am passionate traveller!
The Austrian Dish
The Real Stories
Thank you very much again! 🙂 I really appreciated it and I think this is going to be one of my last awards I am going to do! 🙂 The biggest award for me are all my blog-friends 🙂
Have a nice day!
Your Vero and my little Canito